Model Rail Master Index ~ Search Terrific Trains eBay store for all Model Rail Magazines ~ Just Issue 204
The January 2015 Issue No.204 was published on 17th December just in time for Christmas. The cover photo, seasonally titled ‘Star of the East’ by Chris Nevard features OO model railway ‘Haddon Bank’ built, owned and operated by Chelmsford MRC – which apparently also featured in the Jan issue of Hornby Magazine, while Ashburton was also in BRM.
This prompted a few people to ask if this had happened before, which is I think yes, the amazing Country Gates OO9 layout did – but I cant remember which issues at the moment.
My Copy has been sliced and filed.
- OO – Bachmann 32-928 — Class 150/1 Two Car DMU – No.150150 in Provincial Livery – First Review George Dent
- OO – Real Track 143-214 — Class 143 two-car DMU – First Review George Dent
- OO – Hornby R3010 — King Arthur Class – No.771 Sir Sagramore Southern Railway Green – Chris J Leigh
- N – Graham Farish 372-183 — LMS Princess Coronation ‘Duchess’ Class – No.46240 City of Coventry LMR Maroon + Loco Fact File Sheet – First Review Richard Foster
- N – Graham Farish 377-752 — Midland Railway 20T Brakevan – M281670 BR Grey – First Review Richard Foster
- OO – Haddon Bank — Fictitious East Coast Continuous run DC operated Exhibition Layout by Chelmsford & District MRC incorporating a large Motive Power Depot (MPD) SMP track and set in Era 4 / Era 5. (Photos Chris Nevard)
- OO – Totnes & Ashburton — Part 2 looks at the Ashburton branch of this high quality home based GWR Era 3 model using C & L track by Robert Bradshaw.
- N – Burshaw North Western — Continuous run DC operated Exhibition layout using Code 55 track incorporating a Mainline Station and Motive Power Depot (MPD). Era 7 and although fictitious, based on the North West around Wigan. Built by David Foreshaw (Photos Chris Nevard)
News & Features
- 5 New models from Hornby
- Warley Review
- 2014 Wish List Results
- MASTER PLAN – Brief Encounter – P Lunn plans a Carnforth layout with around the movie theme
- SUPERTEST – Fences – Peter Marriott assess various model fence options
- How to make a Slate Fence – Scratchbuilt from local stone by James Johnson
- BACK to BASICS – Chris Nevard concludes his layout Restoration project.
- Improve Code 100 Track – Peter Marriott provides tips at improving train set track.
- How to Age your Buildings – Alan Downs explains using a Cornish Classic building.
- Full title: Model Rail
- Editor: Foster, Richard
- Publisher: Bauer Consumer Media
- In Shops: Friday 17th December 2014
- Price: £3.75
- ISBN: N/A
- EAN: 9 771369 511117 01
- Copyright: Bauer Consumer Media